Home Energy Evaluations in Kansas
Our complete home energy evaluation ensures you get the right solutions for your home
It’s not hard to tell if your home has a comfort or efficiency problem. If you have uncomfortably hot or cold rooms, uneven temperatures throughout the house, and high heating and cooling costs, you know upgrades are needed. What you may not be sure about is where to start, which is why Lamunyon is here to help.
Our complete home energy evaluation is designed to identify problem areas in your home, whether they’re in the attic, basement, around windows and doors, or in your air ducts. Once we know what is causing your home comfort problems, we can recommend the right solutions for your needs.
Common symptoms of home energy problems
- Uncomfortably cold or hot rooms: If you have rooms in your house that are always too cold in the winter and too hot in the summer, you likely have an issue with your home’s insulation. A home energy audit can identify the areas where you’re losing energy.
- High heating or cooling bills: Inefficient or outdated furnaces, boilers, and air conditioners are a major source of wasted energy. Our evaluation can tell you if you need repairs or replacement of any of your major systems.
- Uneven temperatures in the home: Many homes have that one room that doesn’t ever seem to be the same temperature as the rest of the house. If you have this problem, your ductwork and insulation are the likely culprits. We can help you determine what air sealing and insulation upgrades are needed.
- Drafts around windows and doors: If it feels unusually cold around your windows or doors, you may need replacements. Energy efficient windows and doors with upgraded weather-stripping will eliminate drafts in your home.
- Cold floors: Cold floors above the basement, crawl space or garage are usually a symptom of insufficient or missing insulation. We can inspect your home and provide the insulation solutions you need to eliminate cold floors.
- Ice dams: A buildup of ice along the edge of your roof means that heat is leaking into your attic from the living space below. Snow melts high up on the roof, and the resulting water freezes along the colder eaves, causing a thick ice layer to form – damaging both your roof and gutters, while also causing water leaks. Upgrading attic insulation can prevent ice dams.
- Mold growth and allergy problems: The presence of mold and other airborne irritants is often the result of problems such as air leaks and poor ventilation. We can test your home to determine where you need air sealing and insulation upgrades that will prevent excess moisture and outside air from causing mold growth and other health problems.
Contact Lamunyon Dry Out & Foundation Repair Today
What to expect from your home energy evaluation
When you have us evaluate your home, you can count on a thorough inspection process that will reveal the right solutions for your comfort and energy needs. Our energy evaluation process includes:
- Discussing the problem areas that you experience in your home
- Complete testing of home insulation, ductwork, and HVAC systems
- Detailed recommendations on what improvements to make and in what order
- Free estimates for all recommended improvements
Home energy evaluations help you make the right improvements
Sometimes energy problems are obvious — you know if your furnace doesn’t work or your attic doesn’t have any insulation. However, it can be much more challenging to know how to fix that one room that won’t cool down or how to reduce rising heating bills. In these situations, a home energy evaluation is the best solution.
Without the complete energy profile that an energy evaluation provides, it’s difficult to know what upgrades are most important and what the order of improvements should be. For example, an energy evaluation may tell you that instead of replacing your furnace to lower heating costs, you can achieve more savings with less-costly improvements like sealing ductwork and upgrading attic insulation. Lamunyon can help you identify the right solutions for your home to ensure that you get a more comfortable, efficient home.
How homes use energy
Heating and cooling make up the largest percentage of energy usage in a home — but it’s not just the HVAC system that affects this number. Insulation, leaky ductwork, and air leakage are also factors.
The benefits of energy efficient upgrades in your home
- Home comfort: No one wants to deal with rooms that are too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter or inconsistent temperatures in the house. A home energy evaluation can identify what’s causing these problems so that the right improvements can be made to restore home comfort.
- Energy savings: Due to the volatile nature of fuel prices, it’s important to have a home that runs efficiently. Our home energy evaluations can tell you where the best opportunities are for you to save money.
- Improved resale value: Your home’s energy performance can have a big impact when it’s time to sell. Many home buyers and real estate professionals prioritize energy-efficient upgrades and modern systems, so updating your home can provide a great return on the sale price.
- Green Living: Reducing environmental impact is a priority for many homeowners. Lamunyon can help you find the best ways to reduce your energy use with our home energy evaluation.
Get a complete home energy evaluation for your home today
If you’re ready to do something about the uncomfortable rooms and high heating and cooling costs in your home, Lamunyon is here to help! Our complete home energy evaluation will identify the areas of your home that are causing discomfort and energy loss, allowing us to recommend the ideal solutions.
Our experienced professionals know what it takes to give you a more comfortable, efficient home!