Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration
Fire not only destroys what it touches, but it also creates soot that adheres to walls, ceilings, floors, and contents. In addition, smoke leaves behind difficult-to-remove stains and odors. Rebuilding part of your home instead of constructing one from the ground up is a very specialized procedure.
Building materials, design, and finishes all have to be matched to the remaining structure. Smoke odor must be neutralized in all remaining building components
Lamunyon Restoration’s fire damage restoration technicians have the expertise to clean virtually everything in your home that may be damaged by fire or smoke. From wood furniture to fine china, from electronics to fine art, we know the correct method for each item to remove smoke and odor deposits. Our goal is to restore your contents back to the condition they were before the loss.
We provide fire damage and smoke damage cleanup and repair services throughout the greater Manhattan area in Kansas as well as Salina, Junction City, Topeka and surrounding areas. In addition to major restoration efforts, we provide immediate preventative efforts to help you move forward immediately after your fire or smoke incident.
- Removing acidic residue from surfaces subject to rapid etching or pitting.
- Immediate odor controlling steps.
- Cleaning and deodorizing clothing and other items you need right away.
- If you must be away from the property for a period of time, we’ll take steps to prevent plumbing from freezing in cold weather and secure property against theft or adverse weather.
- We test and evaluate all damage to contents and structure and effectively communicate them to your insurance adjuster immediately to confirm the damage.
Contact Lamunyon Today
Our Fire Damage Services Include:
- Emergency Board Up
- Contents Pack-Out, Cleaning and Storage
- Debris Removal & Demolition
- Mold Remediation and Mildew Cleaning / Treatment
- Smoke & Soot Removal
- Duct Cleaning (where applicable)
- Water Extraction
- Decontamination & Deodorization
- Wall and Floor Cleaning
- Claim Inventory Service
- Water Damage Restoration Services
Preventing Fire Damage
Be sure to take the following preventative measures to prevent fire and smoke damage to your home or business:
- Has your electrical wiring been checked by a licensed electrician?
- Make sure appliances, like an iron, have an automatic shut off mechanism.
- Make sure your family or employees know where all fire extinguishers are located and how to use them.
- Make sure your family or employees know how to escape in case of a fire emergency.
- If in a two-story home, provide your family with fire escape ladders and practice how to use them.
Emergency Homeowners Tips
- Open Windows for ventilation, weather permitting.
- Limit foot traffic on affected carpeting.
- Change furnace filter if blower was in operation.
- Empty freezer and refrigerator completely if electricity is off. Prop doors open.
- Pour antifreeze in toilet bowls, sinks and tubs to prevent freezing if heat is off.
- Remove pets (especially birds).
- Secure the property against theft.
- Do not wipe or wash walls, ceilings or other surfaces.
- Do not use upholstered furniture if it can be avoided
- Do not attempt to clean upholstered furniture; improper cleaning may set smoke stains and odors.
- Do not use exposed food items, or canned goods which have been subjected to excessive heat.
- Do not use any electrical appliances until cleaned or checked.
- Do not send smoke damaged garments to an ordinary dry cleaner.
- Do not touch smoke damaged surfaces with fingers.
For all your fire damage needs, call Lamunyon Restoration: 877-346-4950 for Salina, Manhattan, Junction City and surrounding Kansas areas