Meth Lab Cleanup in Kansas
Lamunyon Dry Out & Foundation Repair uses standards set forth by the EPA to clean and decontaminate your property in a safe, effective manner after meth lab contamination.
Meth labs are areas where methamphetamine is manufactured (cooked), stored and/or used. Meth labs can be found anywhere. They have been discovered in abandoned and occupied buildings, trailers, homes, apartments, hotels and other businesses in rural areas and small towns, large cities and suburban neighborhoods. Residual meth contamination from former meth labs or even meth use can remain on surfaces throughout the home long after those responsible are gone, resulting in toxic residues, fumes, and vapors.
Potentially deadly chemicals can enter the body by inhalation, ingestion or absorption through the skin. Meth use and the production of meth can cause serious health problems not only in the users but also to home buyers and property managers who are unintentionally or unknowingly exposed to an area where meth was manufactured or used. The toxicity can cause skin irritations, respiratory problems and adverse health effects to vital organs. Due to lack of disclosure laws during the real estate transaction process, thousands of properties are contaminated and re-sold.
The cleanup of these locations is very specific and certain regulations must be followed to do it properly. If there was a fire, certain fire and smoke damage cleanup procedures must be followed as well. Generally, contaminated insulation just be replaced and we regularly find mold growth as these locations have been poorly maintained.
Contact Lamunyon Dry Out & Foundation Repair Today
Meth Lab Cleanup Contractors
Using the right remediation contractor is an essential and key part of any meth lab clean up and decontamination project. Hiring an experienced, insured and certified contractor is your only assurance that a healthy indoor environment will be restored to the property you own or manage. When it comes to professional meth lab cleanup services, Lamunyon Dry Out & Foundation Repair is dedicated to the health and safety of your family and/or residents occupying the properties you manage.
It is important to know how to spot a Meth lab and to know what to do if you suspect you have encountered one.
How to Identify Potential Meth Labs
- Unusual, strong odors (like ammonia, ether, acetone or other chemicals).
- Windows blacked out or covered by aluminum foil, plywood, sheets, blankets, etc.
- The unusual behavior of tenants often denying access to the dwelling. Renters who pay their landlords in cash. (Most drug dealers trade exclusively in cash.)
- Lots of traffic – people coming and going at unusual times, especially at night.
- Excessive trash including large amounts of antifreeze containers, lantern fuel cans, antifreeze containers, red or rust-stained coffee filters, drain cleaner, blister-packs from cold medicines, matchbooks, lithium batteries, empty salt containers, microwave ovens, camp stoves and duct tape.
- Glass containers, i.e. Mason jars, lab beakers, etc.
- Propane tanks with corroded valves
- A secretive/protective area surrounding the residence (video cameras, alarm systems, guard dogs, reinforced doors, electrified fencing).
- Persons exiting the structure to smoke
For all your meth lab clean up needs, call Lamunyon Dry Out & Foundation Repair at 877-346-4950
Servicing Abilene, Clay Center, McPherson, Great Bend, Ellsworth, Hays, Salina, Russell, Manhattan, Junction City, Topeka, Wamego and surrounding KS areas