Foundation Settlement Repair
A foundation settles when the soil around the structure was not compacted properly. This is a very common problem all over the Kansas area. When the soil is not compacted properly, over time voids can form and the home or business will settle into those voids. This causes stress and strain on the foundation and can lead to cracks. Our team is well trained in the use of foundation repair techniques and materials. If you have cracks in the foundation, it can lead to the need for basement waterproofing so it is important to repair this problem quickly and correctly.
If you have a foundation settlement issue, you will generally see it with the following issues:
- Windows and doors will stick or when opening or closing
- Visible cracks form both inside and outside on the foundation wall
- Cracks form at the corners of windows and doors
- One or more of the sides of the structure are sinking into the ground
Contact Lamunyon Restoration Today
To repair the settlement problem, we install a series of push piers under the sinking foundation. These piers are attached to the slab of your building and driven down to sturdy bedrock. This allows the piers to lift and stabilize the building by transferring the weight onto the piers and off of the loose soil, preventing any future settlement problems.
The pier installation process consists of the following steps:
- We begin the process by excavating around the footing area.
- We remove a section of footing where the pier support will go.
- We position the bracket for the piers.
- We insert the piers through the bracket until we reach stable soil or bedrock.
- We set up the lift cylinders so we can evenly lift the house all at once.
- We lift the house, checking alignment and leveling continuously.
- We tighten all the brackets and the building is now level.
The piering process is both safe and effective. Our team is trained regularly to ensure they are properly loading the building onto the piers, this will help ensure everything is done to correctly repair your sinking foundation.
If you have any type of sinking or settling foundation issues or you see cracks forming on your foundation, do not hesitate to contact us and have the professionals at Lamunyon evaluate your project and provide you with the best solution.