The basement is one place where you will notice a lot of energy loss due to a lack of insulation. When you have the proper type and amount of insulation, you will notice measurable changes in the level of comfort in your home as well as in your utility bills. This is especially true when dealing with basements.
Adding insulation into a basement will help keep temperatures more consistent in your home year around. We insist on using a rigid foam insulation in the basement because it does not absorb moisture, which will reduce the chances of mold growth and provides a high level of insulation for a smaller amount of material. If you combine the insulation with a basement waterproofing system, you can look into turning your basement into another living area instead of a musty storage location.
When you improve the insulation and reduce the humidity in your basement, it will also help the systems there work more efficiently which will also save you money.
Contact Lamunyon Dry Out & Foundation Repair Today
Do You Have the Wrong Insulation?
If you have an older style of insulation in your basement walls, they could be either fiberglass batts or cellulose insulation. These types of insulation do not work well in areas with higher levels of humidity. They will often absorb the moisture, compress, and no longer provide the required insulation.
Signs of Poor Basement Insulation
- The floor above the basement is always cold
- When it is cold out, the heater has to be running all the time to keep the space warm
- You notice the insulation is on the floor of the basement as it has fallen out of place
- The basement is damp regularly, or has a moldy smell
Rigid Foam Insulation Benefits:
- Does not compress or lose it's R-value over time meaning it will continue to insulate for many years to come, even in harsh basement conditions.
- Provides air sealing when installed properly which helps keep temperatures consistent.
- Is moisture proof, no danger of absorbing water and losing effectiveness.
- It is inorganic so mold will not grow on it, keeping you and your family safe.
If you notice any of these problems, it is important that you get in contact with our team to set up a consultation to replace your basement insulation. Our team can install basement insulation both quickly and correctly to help you start saving money today.