In Business Since 1973
Your home can suffer from water damage at any time. Poor maintenance may cause your dishwasher to malfunction and spill water on newly finished floors. Alternatively, a leaking pipe may burst and spill water all through the basement. There are numerous other ways water damage can impact our house.
Whatever the reason, you should take care of all forms of water intrusion. The longer you wait, the more significant the damage to your property. While you may handle minor water problems on your own, you need experts for an effective rescue from difficult water intrusions.
One of the Most Experienced Water Damage Companies in Manhattan, KS
Apart from damaging your items and the structure of your property, water can turn your home into the breeding ground of mold and bacteria. This can create severe health hazards. Therefore, you must make sure all the possible damages are taken care of as quickly as possible.
As water damage experts, we thoroughly inspect the damage from every angle before suggesting an effective solution.
Our Water Damage Mitigation Process
It’s always best to act as quickly as possible during flooding or any form of water intrusion to avoid further damage. However, if there is more water than you can handle, you should call professionals to help with the problem. Our water damage mitigation process consists of:
- Step 1: Turning off the water source – Turning off the source of the water intrusion is our first priority. You may not always be able to identify and shut the water supply off. In that case, we will either instruct you on the necessary steps over the phone, or we’ll shut down the source after arriving at your house.
- Step 2: Inspecting – After identifying the source and stopping it, we thoroughly inspect your property to determine the damage and contamination level. This process includes using advanced tools, such as a hygrometer, moisture meter, and an infrared camera. There are three levels of water damage ranging from category 1 to category 3. The higher the category, the more severe the damage. Category 3 is the highest level of contamination and may require the removal of certain building materials such as drywall, carpeting, etc.
- Step 3: Removing water and other items (if necessary) – Standing water is continuously damaging your home. Therefore, it should be removed as soon as possible. We use high-powered equipment, such as submersible pumps, portable wet/dry vacuums, truck-mounted vacuums, and similar industrial extractors to suck water out of your home. We then inspect further and may remove carpet, padding, and drywall if necessary.
- Step 4: Cleaning and disinfecting – Moisture/high humidity creates an ideal environment to support mold and bacteria growth. Therefore, cleaning and disinfecting of the contaminated area may be necessary before proceeding to dry out of the affected area. Our goal as professionals is to restore the affected area to a pre-loss condition.
- Step 5: Drying – The next step includes drying everything and removing the remaining moisture from the house. We use industrial-strength dehumidifiers and air movers to dry the building structure and affected contents. The contents may include precious contents, such as furniture, antiques, books, posters, board games, rugs, and carpets.
- Step 6: Monitoring – Monitoring the house over the next few days is necessary to make sure the structure and contents are dried to a pre-loss condition. Monitoring may be necessary on a daily basis until moisture levels have been lowered to acceptable levels so as not to support mold growth.
As a locally owned and operated company established in 1973, we understand the importance of providing an effective and efficient service during such unfortunate situations. Therefore, we are available 24/7 to lend a helping hand during your water damage emergency.
Our friendly team consists of certified technicians who are always ready for emergency response. Our quality service has helped us secure an A+ rating with the BBB. Furthermore, our decades-long experience with insurance enables us to help you maneuver through the claims process. We also offer foundation repair, basement waterproofing, crawl space encapsulation, mold remediation, water removal, and water mitigation throughout Manhattan.
Lamunyon is a team that believes in prompt action. Therefore, you may want to save our contact details. You can reach us at 785-491-7898 or 888-609-9670.