Water damage can strike you in unimaginable ways. Even minor negligence, such as accidentally leaving the faucet open, can leave you returning to a flooded house. Since we never anticipate water damage, it can hit you when you aren’t ready. How fast you react can greatly reduce the amount of damage to your property.
Lamunyon Dry Out and Foundation Repair has been helping thousands of households handle water damage and minimize their loss for decades!
Water Damage Experts
If water damage is a concern at your home, you likely need a professional. Our certified technicians are ready 24/7 for any emergency. We help you quickly get out of danger while ensuring possible future issues, such as microorganism growth are eliminated.
Call us at (785) 333-1610 for a swift, professional response.
Responding to Sudden Water Damage
While it is understandable to panic in times of flooding, how fast you act is crucial to avoid or minimize your loss. Water will cause a lot of damage if it keeps adding up, so your first job is to analyze the damages and figure out if you can deal with it right away without an expert’s help. Here are a few tips:
- The first thing you want to do is act immediately to keep your family and valuables safe. If you are returning to a flooded house, enter with caution. If you notice sudden flooding when you are at home, locate the source. Next, move your family members, especially kids, to safety.
- If you are at home and suddenly notice water intrusion, there is a chance you can identify the source and shut it off. Shutting off the origin will ensure water won’t add up on your surface, so you minimize the damage.
- Disconnect electronics because water and electricity can cause further damage. If you need to stand on a wet surface to turn off the power, you may want to wait for an expert to deal with it. Furthermore, it can be risky to re-enter a flooded house without turning off the electricity.
- Locate and move your valuables to places where water is less likely to invade.
- Identify the category of water damage and wear safety gear accordingly. Clearwater is usually safe to deal with, whereas you may not want to touch gray or black water because they are highly contaminated and pose a severe risk to your health.
- Call water damage experts and explain to them the situation. They will first instruct you on the possible steps to deal with the damage according to its intensity. You can follow those instructions and deal with the situation till the emergency service arrives.
- Call your insurance company. They may send an adjuster to inspect the damage and identify if your loss is covered. The insurance coverage varies depending on your policy, as not all insurance policies cover a water intrusion. Take as many pictures as possible, so it’s easy for the adjuster to access the damage.
Established in 1973, we are a locally owned and operated company that understands the importance of providing an effective service during emergencies. Our certified technicians are ready 24/7 to help you during your water damage emergency. With decades of experience working with insurance agencies, we can help you maneuver through the claims process. We also offer foundation repair, basement waterproofing, crawl space encapsulation, mold remediation, water removal, and water mitigation throughout Salina.
We are an A+ rated company with the Better Business Bureau, specializing in water mitigation. Call us at (785) 333-1610 at any time for your water damage emergencies.