Residential Water Damage Restoration
When you have water damage in your home, time is critical. When responding to water from a flood, leaking appliance, or sewage damage in your home, an immediate response can help minimize the overall damage and the ultimate cost of restoration. The longer you wait, the worse it gets and the more time serious problems like mold have time to develop. We have worked on many types of jobs including those with hardwood flooring and take pride utilizing industry standards for water loss removal. Below are a few simple steps to take in every situation.
- First, try to quickly (and safely) identify the source of the leak and stop it
- If you are unable to stop the leak immediately – don’t panic!
- Simply call your local plumber or turn off the property’s main shut-off valve, if you know where it is located
- Be aware of hazards such as: electric shock, slipping and toxic odors from sewer back-ups
- Call Lamunyon Restoration to begin emergency service: 877-346-4950
- Call your insurance company or local agent and advise them of the situation
- Be prepared to provide information about how the water loss occurred
- Let them know that you have called us – once we assess the situation, we will touch base with your insurance company to share loss specifics
- While we are on our way, you may want to:
- Move valuables to higher ground
- Perch furniture up with wood blocks or plastic wrap to minimize moisture exposure
Contact Lamunyon Today
Why should you use a Water Restoration company?
This is an excellent question! While attempting to restore damage yourself may seem like a cost saving, it can become a long-term expense in the end. Why? Well, trained water restoration contractors adhere to a strict set of remediation guidelines. Examples of such certifications: Clean Trust (IICRC), ASCR, WLI, or WLS. These indicate that the company and the technicians all have extensive training in the science of water damage and clean-up, with a keen eye for safety and utilizing preventative removal methods to ensure there are no future damage issues, such as mold.
Moreover, you will want to choose a company with many years of experience. Personal recommendations from your insurance agent, friends or neighbors may help in deciding. Finally, ensure the contractor follows the IICRC S500 standards for professional water damage restoration. This standard is for the safety and health of your family, property and insurance needs.
Lamunyon Restoration strictly adheres to IICRC S500 guidelines for water-damage restoration, insurance loss assessment & evaluation, categorization of the water, professional drying methods, structural and content considerations, detailed monitoring of the drying progress and final inspection details.
In fact, when you call us, a uniformed team of trained technicians will meet you on-site and thoroughly discuss the actions needed to bring your home back to a safe environment. We work with you based on your needs and that of your insurance company so that you understand each part of your loss. We always get your permission prior to starting any type of work and come prepared to begin the clean-up process. Specific details of your property’s clean-up process will be provided once we arrive on-site and assess the damage; we value the importance of your home.