Sewer backups show no concern for the places they invade. Sewage cleanup is a scary thing, as virtually all surfaces it encounters become breeding grounds for bacteria. This makes it a very unique type of damage restoration project. Whether this has happened in your residence or a commercial location, we know the best way to properly take care of the cleanup. Various flooring types, contents and room finishing materials can create a tricky situation. In most cases, the carpet and drywall will have to be disposed of. Even water that looks clean and clear can carry harmful bacteria. If it came out of a sewer, presume it to be contaminated. Below are a few suggestions when it comes to dealing with sewage back-up in your property.
- First, call your local plumber. Since sewage is a health hazard, do not try to repair the cause yourself
- Be aware of other hazards such as electric shock, slipping and toxic odors from sewer back-ups
- Call Lamunyon Dry Out & Foundation Repair to begin emergency service: 877-346-4950
- Call your insurance company or local agent and advise them of the situation
- Be prepared to provide information about how the water loss occurred
- Let them know that you have called us – once we assess the situation, we will touch base with your insurance company to share loss specifics
- While we are on our way, you may want to:
- Move valuables to higher ground
- Do not try to remove contents or salvage anything just yet – each surface contains thousands of bacteria you don’t want to spread around
- Perch furniture up with wood blocks or plastic wrap to minimize moisture exposure
Contact Lamunyon Dry Out & Foundation Repair Today
Why should you use a Water Restoration company?
This is an excellent question! While attempting to restore damage yourself may seem like a cost saving measure, it can become a long-term expense in the end. Why? Well, trained water restoration contractors adhere to a strict set of remediation guidelines. Examples of such certifications are Clean Trust (IICRC), ASCR, WLI, or WLS. These indicate that the company and the technicians all have extensive training in the science of water damage, sewage related bacteria and health concerns, as well as clean-up using safety and preventative removal methods to ensure there are no future damage issues, such as mold or other contamination.
Moreover, you will want to choose a company with many years of experience. Personal recommendations from your insurance agent, friends or neighbors may help in deciding. Finally, ensure the contractor follows the IICRC S500 standards for professional water damage restoration. This standard is for the safety and health of your family, property and insurance needs.
How does Lamunyon clean up sewage damage?
Lamunyon Dry Out & Foundation Repair strictly adheres to IICRC S500 guidelines for water/sewage damage restoration, insurance loss assessment & evaluation, categorization of the water, professional drying methods, structural and content considerations, detailed monitoring of the drying progress and final inspection details. We also use EPA containment methods, professional disinfecting, as well as the removal and disposal of contaminated carpet, drywall and other items.
In fact, when you call us, a uniformed team of trained technicians will meet you on-site and thoroughly discuss the actions needed to bring your home back to safe environment. We work with you so that you understand each part of your loss and always get your permission prior to starting any type of work. We proudly arrive prepared to begin the clean-up process. Specific details of your property’s clean-up process will be provided once we arrive on-site and assess the damage; we value the importance of your home.